April 1, 2007

Let's Start Here

So, this is my first blog entry. I've played around with silly blog posts on myspace, but nothing really about me or my family. Heck, not even anything truly relevant. Of course, I'm not sure that anything I post here will be relevant to anyone, but we've all got to start somewhere. I can't guarantee that this blog site of mine will ever be reader worthy, but I'm not even sure why I'm starting this up. I guess the reasoning behind all of this is yet to be revealed. Right now, I'm a stay at home mom that's taking a break from college. My husband, Abdon, and I have decided to have our children while I'm still in school so that I can be home with them during their formative years. Who knows if that was the right decision, but it feels right for us, so we're going with it. We have a beautiful little girl, Alexis. She will be two in August. I can't believe how quickly this time with her has gone by. We're expecting another little girl in early June, and feel so blessed about our growing family. The growth of our family is what spurred me to take this break from college. I was putting a ton of pressure on myself to hurry up and get through it, but was missing out on precious time with my little girl. The hours I was dedicating to school was taking away from the whole purpose of having children while I'm in school. I was spending no time with my precious little girl, and losing out on moments I could never get back. It certainly wasn't an easy decision to make, taking a break from school, but since I've made the decision I've been much happier. Alexis is much happier now that I'm home as well. We really missed each other. If it hadn't been for my wonderful husband telling me that it's okay to take a break, I may not have and would probably still be pulling my hair out and crying over my classes. What ever possessed me to think it okay to take Physiology, Antatomy and Microbiology all at once???? I certainly think there may have been a seriously laps in judgement. I could go on and on rambling about this or that, but I'm sure this is enough for my first stab at this whole blogging thing. I'm going to attempt to actually have a point to my future blogs, it's just getting started that sucks.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Welcome to the blogging world!! :)

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging!! I have you bookmarked now.