July 26, 2007

Chores, chores, and more chores...

Ugh. When will they do themselves??? Now that we've got Pammy-bear's reflux under control, I'm actually able to make a dent in my laundry. I've been washing the same clothes over and over again since she's been born! I can't say that I'm excited about this, but I will say I'm a bit relieved to finally be getting a bit of my life back under control. I consider having anything under control to be a luxury, because so much of life is unpredictable and rather difficult to control. I also find it a bit strange that I find comfort in the ability to do something as simple as laundry. Despite that it's a rather repetitive task, and seemingly without end, there is some gratification that comes with it. Even when the rest of my house needs tending to, it's so nice to see the laundry leave my floors and make its way back into its respected drawers or hangers. The fresh smell of the dryer sheets drifts through the house, so that even though there is more work to be done, I can close my eyes and enjoy what a clean house smells like. Perhaps the best part of washing load after load of laundry, is that the sound of the machines running help to sooth the baby. I know this may seem to be a silly thing to blog about, but it really is a big deal to me. To me it represents a milestone in my learning to balance life with two children. What this one thing does is empower me and give me hope that I can tackle more responsibilities. It tells me that I can quit beating myself up over what kind of mother and wife I am. It's one less shortcoming staring me in the face day in and day out.

No comments: