April 6, 2007

Children Make Life Beautiful

We had a great day today. Alexis and I met with our friends from playgroup at the park today and had a fun little pre-Easter, egg hunt. Not only did she get excited about finding all the treasures we hid, but she also got to swing in a swing for the first time today. She LOVED it! Alexis would lean way back and just giggle her little head off. At one point I thought for sure she was going to fall asleep. She didn't want out of the swing until she saw everyone else hunting for eggs. I took my camera to take pictures of today's events, but I took more time watching and enjoying the moments as they happened instead of rushing to capture them on camera. Just watching my little girl play and interact was too precious to miss by being behind a camera. It's amazing how much my little girl has grown since we brought her home from the hospital. She has an amazing personality and she is just so happy to just be alive. With that kind of pure happiness, how could anyone around her not be happy? How could anyone not appreciate life more? Days like today, and every day with her, make for such an incredible life.

No comments: