December 2, 2007

I Can Breath Now

The counseling helped. The medication helped. I can face the real world again. I can finally get up in the morning and look forward to the day ahead of me. My friends no longer seem like the enemy. Thank goodness. I can hardly believe the difference.

Not only am I feeling better, but my family is much happier. Everyone around me was affected by my depression. I know longer have to fight back tears because my daughter wants to know why I'm crying. Now, if and when I cry, I know why I'm crying. There is no longer this inexplicable urge to cry or to be angry. I've shaken myself free of depression's grasp and am actually able to fully enjoy life again. I've even decided to go into business. I'm excited to be taking control of my life, again. It feels good to be happy again, and to truly enjoy the smiles of my little girls.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stina!!! I am so happy that you are feeling better, and I wish you all the success on your new business.

bev said...

That's the best news I've heard all day!

Karin said...

I'm so incredibly happy for you Stina, I've got goosebumps. I've been down that road, and the feeling better part is the biggest weight I've ever had lifted off me. I can hear the happiness in your writing every day I talk to you! Here's to many wonderful days ahead with your 2 beautiful girls, and your awesome new business!!

Unknown said...

Well its been a long time since we talked but I am SO glad that you are the smart amazing woman that you are! Good luck with the business !

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.